The Village of Waters began as a sawmill settlement at the North end of Bradford Lake in 1873. Given a Post Office as Bradford Lake on July 18, 1876. Renamed Waters on December 21, 1885, being in the area of many lakes. It was given a railroad station by 1876.

Officially, Waters is named Otsego Lake Township, and the township offices can be reached at (989) 732-6929.

Visit the official Otsego Lake Township website: www.otsegolaketownship.org


Copywright © 2008  •  Waters-mi.com  •  Credits